Exciting news! The Hsu lab will be moving to the Department of Bioengineering at the University of California, Berkeley in Fall 2019. We will be housed in the Innovative Genomics Institute.
We are hiring at all levels (postdocs, graduate students, research assistants)! If you're interested in joining our lab, visit our Join us page.
Our CasRx plasmids are all Blue Flame on Addgene, and have been distributed to over 250 labs worldwide! Get them here: https://www.addgene.org/Patrick_Hsu/
- Patrick is named a 2019 MIT Technology Review Innovator under 35
Peter Lotfy joins Harvard BBS for his PhD studies. Go Peter!
Eleanor Wang, an undergrad in the lab, wins the 2019 Barry Goldwater Scholarship.
Congratulations to Eleanor!
Tom Alsaigh is named a KL2 Clinical Scholar! Go Tom!
- We report in Cell the structural basis for the RNA-guided ribonuclease activity of CRISPR-Cas13d.
Out in Nature Communications: we interrogate the specificity of the therapeutically important S. aureus Cas9 ortholog with ~90,000 guide RNA-mismatched target pairs.
- First paper from the Hsu Lab! We report in Cell the development of RNA-targeting CRISPR-CasRx for transcriptome engineering.
- Silvana is named an inaugural HHMI Hannah Gray Fellow. Congratulations, Silvana!
- Patrick Hsu profiled in NIH Director's Blog
- Patrick Hsu named 2015 NIH Director's Early Independence Awardee
- Patrick Hsu appointed Salk Fellow at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Silvana Konermann named 2015 Harold M. Weintraub Graduate Student Awardee
- Patrick Hsu named to 2015 Forbes 30 Under 30
- Previous Research Highlights