Happy New Year! Welcome to Qi Dang and Matt Durrant, who join the lab as a staff scientist and postdoctoral fellow!
We report a MedRxiv pre-print on rapid viral diagnostics for COVID-19. Congratulations to Shreeya, Alison, and Sita!
Our lab receives a second R01, for structure-function studies of CRISPR systems. Thank you to the NIH for the support.
Alison Fanton is named a NSF Graduate Fellow. Congratulations, Alison!
- Patrick is named a 2020 Rose Hills Innovator along with Dipti Nayak from UC Berkeley MCB.
Our study of COVID-19 antibody tests is now published in Nature Biotechnology.
The lab is funded by Fastgrants for COVID-19 therapeutic and diagnostic development
Our pre-print on validating serology tests for SARS-CoV-2 is online at https://covidtestingproject.org/ and highlighted in the New York Times, CNN, The Scientist, Berkeley News, CBS, Yahoo News, and The Guardian.
Thank you to the Curci Foundation for funding our COVID-19 response effort at IGI!
- Patrick is named the inaugural winner of the Rainwater Prize for Innovative Early-Career Scientist
Exciting news! The Hsu lab will be moving to the Department of Bioengineering at the University of California, Berkeley in Fall 2019. We will be housed in the Innovative Genomics Institute.
We are hiring at all levels (postdocs, graduate students, research assistants)! If you're interested in joining our lab, visit our Join us page.
Our CasRx plasmids are all Blue Flame on Addgene, and have been distributed to over 250 labs worldwide! Get them here: https://www.addgene.org/Patrick_Hsu/
- Patrick is named a 2019 MIT Technology Review Innovator under 35
Peter Lotfy joins Harvard BBS for his PhD studies. Go Peter!
Eleanor Wang, an undergrad in the lab, wins the 2019 Barry Goldwater Scholarship.
Congratulations to Eleanor!
Tom Alsaigh is named a KL2 Clinical Scholar! Go Tom!
- We report in Cell the structural basis for the RNA-guided ribonuclease activity of CRISPR-Cas13d.
Out in Nature Communications: we interrogate the specificity of the therapeutically important S. aureus Cas9 ortholog with ~90,000 guide RNA-mismatched target pairs.
- First paper from the Hsu Lab! We report in Cell the development of RNA-targeting CRISPR-CasRx for transcriptome engineering.
- Silvana is named an inaugural HHMI Hannah Gray Fellow. Congratulations, Silvana!
- Patrick Hsu profiled in NIH Director's Blog
- Patrick Hsu named 2015 NIH Director's Early Independence Awardee
- Patrick Hsu appointed Salk Fellow at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Silvana Konermann named 2015 Harold M. Weintraub Graduate Student Awardee
- Patrick Hsu named to 2015 Forbes 30 Under 30
- Previous Research Highlights